- Established in 1994
- Provides assistance to Four County members who find themselves in unexpected situations
- Loss of job
- House fire
- Natural disaster
- Funds non-profit organizations which provide services and support to Four County communities
- Since the program's inception in 1994:
- More than $3.4 million awarded to Four County Electric Membership Corporation members and non-profit organizations
Essential needs including:
- Medical expenses and equipment
Organizations funded including:
- Volunteer fire departments
- Literacy councils
- Special Olympics
- Children/youth and senior citizen programs
- Food banks
- Domestic violence shelters
Operation Round Up Trust Fund administered by a 9-member Board of Directors:
- Board members are community leaders from across the Four County service area
- The Board meets every other month to consider applications received
- These Board members take their responsibility very seriously, investigating all requests for funding
- Awards are made to individuals who have the most serious needs and organizations who provide service and support for Four County communities
How Does Operation Round Up Work?
- Each month, participating members' electric bills are "rounded up" to the next whole dollar
- For example, if your bill is $52.71, you will be billed for $53
- The difference goes to the Operation Round Up Trust Fund
- Average contribution per member each year is $6
- Operation Round Up contributions are tax-deductible!
- Over 27,000 Four County members currently participate in the program
- Though individual contributions are only pennies a month, these pennies add up to over $13,000 a month
- You must be an active member of Four County Electric
- In other words, receive your electricity from Four County
- Organizations do not have to receive their electricity from Four County, however, they must serve Four County members
If you do not currently participate in Operation Round Up and would like to, email Four County Round Up and ask us to "Sign me up!" We'll take care of it for you. You may also pick up an application from any Four County office or download it using the links further down the page.
Together we can see over and over again that "small change really does change lives."
Please download the individual/family or organization application below and open the application in either Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, as the submit button will not work if you try to complete the application using your Internet Browser, such as Chrome, Edge, etc.