Expanding Members Options!
Here at Four County Electric Membership Corporation (EMC), we take pride in upholding 7 cooperative principles. Cooperation among cooperatives is vital in our efforts to provide our members with more options and the best services possible.
ElecTel Cooperative Federal Credit Union
Four County EMC members are now eligible to join the ElecTel Cooperative Federal Credit Union:
- The credit union provides the ability to charge lower rates for loans because they are a nonprofit cooperative
- Instead of taking profits and paying stockholders, the credit union returns these profits to members as dividends or improved services
- Each member owns one share of the organization, like at Four County EMC
Join ElecTel today and benefit from the services they provide:
- Savings Accounts
- Auto Loans
- Free Checking Accounts
- Secured and Unsecured Loans
- Visa Credit and Free Debit Cards
- Home Equity Loans/Home Loans
- Money Market Accounts
- Free Online Banking, Bill Pay, and eStatements
- Accounts insured by NCUA up to $250,000
- Energy Efficient Loans
Becoming an ElecTel Member
All Four County EMC members can become ElecTel members by:
- Completing their membership application (this can be accomplished online)
- Submitting a minimum deposit of $1
- Stopping by one of their physical locations in Raliegh, Hillsborough, or Wake Forest
To apply, you will need:
- A government-issued ID or Passport with your current address
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- To be a cooperative member
Remember that if you have Four County EMC as your electrical provider, you are not just a customer but a member! This means that you are a cooperative member and will qualify in that aspect to join ElecTel! Go to the ElecTel website to learn more about the ElecTel Cooperative Federal Credit Union and to apply!
ElecTel’s Energy Efficient Program
An advantage ElecTel provides is that they offer an Energy Efficient Loan Program! These loans are easily accessible over the phone, so you do not have to drive to the office to apply if you do not wish to!
- The cooperative offers low fixed rates and up 100% purchase price financing, including taxes and installation
- The payment terms are flexible, and members can loan up to $35,000 from this program!
These energy-efficient improvements include anything from:
- Electric heat pumps
- Weather stripping
- Electric/solar water heaters
- Other solar or energy star-related items!
Review the ElecTel Energy Efficient Loans page for more information and to apply for a loan.
If you purchase energy-star appliances, don’t forget to apply to Four County EMC for your $50 rebate per appliance! Visit our Rebates page for more information and to download a rebate application form.
Four County EMC Discontinues Comfort Loans
Four County EMC no longer offers comfort loans to members, but any loan a member already has will not be affected. They will continue to make payments as they always have.
- The Four County EMC comfort loan program only provided loans up to $6,500 over 5 years for a heat pump, insulation, or ductwork repair. We wanted to offer our members more!
- We have received many calls for inquiries on replacement windows, doors, generators, appliance loans, etc., and to better serve our members, we wanted to expand their options.
- ElecTel Cooperative Federal Credit Union provides us with that option.
- Four County EMC rebates are available for any member that installs a 16 Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) or greater heat pump
- Please call our office to notify us that you have had a new one installed; proof of purchase will be required to qualify for the rebate
- Visit our Rebates page for more information and to download a rebate application form
If you are interested in a loan for any energy-efficient improvements, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Electel at (919) 872-2395, and they will be able to assist you!
Recommended Heat Pump Dealers in our Service Territory
Here is a list of Heat Pump Dealers that Four County EMC recommends. You can still choose any Heat Pump Dealer you wish, and these authorized dealers are the ones we have suggested in the past. We want to thank them for their many years of service to our Four County members!