Report Unsafe ConditionHelp us provide a safe and reliable electric service to our members.
Reporting an Unsafe Condition
Four County Electric performs periodic inspections and maintenance on the electrical system.
These inspections are performed by meter readers, service men and other line service personnel. The inspections are an effort to maintain a complex system to provide safe and reliable electricity.
As a member, you can help Four County Electric provide safe and reliable electric service. Report potentially hazardous conditions such as:
- Low or downed power lines
- Broken insulators
- Broken or leaning poles
- Objects such as antennas, satellites other equipment near power lines
- Vines growing on poles
- Unlocked underground cabinets
- Washouts or exposed wire near underground equipment
- Children climbing on substation fences or utility poles
Downed Power Lines
If you discover a low or downed line make sure you do the following:
- Consider all wires ENERGIZED.
- Secure the area to insure that others stay clear. You may have to stay at the location until someone can call Four County Electric.
If you are in a vehicle that has contact with a line, stay inside. View our line safety video below. You can use your cellular phone to call for help. As others approach, warn them not to touch the vehicle and have them to call for help.
Please report any visible damage to our electrical system. We will dispatch maintenance crews for repairs.