Report an OutageHere's how to report a power outage in your area.
Power Outage Reporting
Report Your Outage
In the event of a loss of power, please report outages to Four County EMC at 888-368-7289. If the lines are busy, remain patient because there may be thousands of members trying to call in at the same time.
Remember to stay away from downed power lines, note the location and report it to 888-368-7289. Stay away from standing waters with downed power lines in them as water is a conductor of electricity.
Stay informed: Text “OUTAGE” to 888-368-7289 to report an outage and receive updates. Must be previously enrolled before an outage can be reported.
Four County EMC offers outage texting for your convenience. Members can now report outages via text message.
Once enrolled, you will be able to use key words to report an outage, check on the status of an outage and be notified once an outage has been restored.
You can enroll by clicking here. Once enrolled, text “OUTAGE” to 888-368-7289 to report an outage. Please note that message and data rates may apply to the texts.
Members can also opt-in with the assistance of a member service representative in the office or over the phone.
You can opt out at any time by texting “QUIT.”
If Your Power is Off:
- Check your home’s breaker panel to make sure the outage isn’t due to a tripped breaker.
- Check with your neighbors to see if their power is off so you can determine if the problem is in your home or on our lines.
- Call Four County EMC if the problem is outside your home. We have personnel on call 24/7, 365 days a year. If your neighbors are without power, don’t assume they have reported the outage.
Reporting an Outage
- Report an outage by phone: 1-888-368-7289
- Report outage now by clicking the link Report an Outage/View Outage Map. You must have phone number, account number or meter number associated with your account to report an outage.
- Stay informed: Text “OUTAGE” to 888-368-7289 to report an outage and receive updates. Must be previously enrolled before an outage can be reported.