Lineworker Technology Scholarship
Four County will provide to a selected student the opportunity to work toward attaining an Electric Lineman Technology Associate Degree. The recipient will be selected by the Nash Community College Scholarship Committee. The scholarship will not discriminate for or against any student because of age, sex, ethnic origin, race, religion or disability.
Factors considered in granting the scholarship will include: character, moral standards, citizenship, past and present academic performance, letters of recommendation and extra-curricular activities.
The following stipulations are required of applicants:
- Must be a resident of Pender, Bladen, Sampson or Duplin County in North Carolina.
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of six semester hours
- Must attain and maintain a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation recognizing the applicant’s qualities of character and leadership.
- Must provide a written statement of financial need. The recipient may receive other forms of financial aid including Federal or State education grants.
- Must be used for tuition, fees or books.
Annual scholarship of $1,500 will be awarded in increments of $750 per semester for the Fall and Spring semester. Students wishing to submit an application should contact their high school guidance counselor or Nash Community College Foundation at www.nashcc.edu or (252) 443-4011. Deadline for applications is April 15, 2010.