Four County offers the Comfort Loan program to qualifying members to aid in the purchase of a new heat pump. Comfort loans can also be used to make energy improvements in homes.
What items can be financed through the comfort loan program?
- Replacement of existing heating and/or cooling system(s) with all-electric high-efficiency heat pump or central air conditioning unit
How much money is available through the comfort loan and what is the interest rates?
- Maximum amount for an all-electric high-efficiency (14 SEER) heat pump or central air conditioning unit is $6,500 at 6% interest.
- Maximum amount for an all-electric high-efficiency (15 SEER) heat pump or central air conditioning unit is $6,500 at 5% interest.
- Maximum amount for an all-electric high-efficiency (16 SEER or higher) heat pump or central air conditioning unit is $6,500 at 4% interest.
Heat Pump Rebates
- Heat pump rebates are available for any member that installs a 16 SEER or greater heat pump. This applies to new construction or retrofits. The rebate is $100 per ton. Proof of purchase is required in order to receive the rebate.
How do I qualify for a comfort loan?
- Property must be the member's primary residence
- Property on which the improvements are to be made must be titled in the member's name
- Residence must be on a solid foundation
- Good credit standing with credit bureau
What Requirements Must I Meet?
- All Four County EMC accounts must be current and have no actual disconnections of service
- Credit report shows (1) no unsatisfied judgments against the customer; (2) no bankruptcy filed in the past seven (7) years
- Must have an active FCEMC account for last 12 months.
How Do I Get Started?
- Contact your Four County Office at 1-888-368-7289 and tell them you're interested in a Comfort Loan
- A Marketing Representative will give you details
- A Marketing Representative will visit your home to discuss information required and improvements that may be needed, as well as provide you with a Heat Pump Pro List
- Loan will be processed and you will be notified of approval within 48 hours
- Energy improvements can be installed by the home owner
- Completed energy improvements will be inspected by the Energy Marketing Representative
- A 2-party check(s) is prepared and forwarded to the customer
Will My Loan Be Secured?
No. All Four County EMC loans are unsecured signature loans based upon your credit standing and have no fees associated with it.
How Long Will I Have to Repay the Loan?
- Up to 60 months to repay
- Minimum monthly payment - $25.00
Can I Repay the Loan Early?
- Yes, with no added fee.